DIOCESE OF VENICE CURSILLO
SPONSORSHIP FOR THE WEEKEND
Men's Weekend is Sep 29th - Oct 2nd 2022
Women's Weekend is Oct 6th - Oct 9th 2022
The clock is ticking!! Get your applications in NOW before it is too late for your candidate to attend the 2022 October Cursillo Weekend.
CUT OFF DATE IS SEPTEMBER 24th, 2022
(maximum of 20 candidates for men's and 20 for women's)
In the past, the Cursillo Movement was primarily thought of as a source of individual spiritual growth. Today, we must realize that this individual spirituality is just not enough. Today, we must add to that spirituality. Our society needs us to be apostolic. Our Church needs us to be apostolic. Our world needs us to be apostolic. But most of all, our Lord wants us to be apostolic. Let us strive to be Christ-like. He chose individuals to become "fishers of men." Should we do any less?
Sponsoring a Candidate? DO IT TODAY
A sponsor can be either an individual or a group. Whichever the case, there are certain things that a sponsor should know about the Cursillo Movement.
1. Know the goal of the Cursillo Movement.
2. Know your candidate, as well as possible, and pray for direction from the Holy Spirit.
3. Explain the entire Cursillo Weekend to your candidate and explain the purpose of each day and the activities involved on each day.
4. Make sure that your candidate has read the "What is Cursillo?" booklet.
5. During the weekend, offer up your palanca for your candidate and the entire weekend.
6. After the weekend, invite your candidate to Ultreya and help them get into a group reunion.
This is just a summary of the information provided in the "Sponsor's Booklet". Please ask the Pre-Cursillo Coordinator for this booklet when sponsoring a candidate.